Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
What about you?
Who is your best friend?
Is your best friend a boy or a girl?
Are you similar or different to each other?
- Divide your description in paragraphs:
- Use comparatives and superlatives.
- Join sentences with connectors: however, besides, moreover, nevertheless, I think, in my opinion, from my point of view...
Sunday, May 10, 2009
- Negative / Interrogative Forms.
- to be / have got.
- pronouns( I, my, me, mine).
- Present Simple.
- Frequency Adverbs.
- Adjectives before nouns.
- Saxon Genitive.
- Like, love, hate + ing.
- Question words( who, what, where, when, why...)
- Present Continuous.
- Present Continuous vs Present Simple.
- Must, have to.
- There is / are.
- a / some / any...
- countable / uncountable.
- Too / enough.
- Past Simple.
- Classroom Language.
- General Questions.
- Daily Routine.
- The Body.
- The Family.
- Adjectives (surprised...).
- Sports (play, go, do).
- Travelling and Holidays.
- Size, Colour, Pattern.
- Duties at home / work.
- Places and Shops..
- Food and Drink.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
For about 20 cookies:
75 gramms brown sugar
75 gramms white sugar
75 gramms butter
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
170 gramms flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
75 gramms chocolate chips
Mix the brown and white sugar with the butter in a bowl until creamy. Use a fork or a wooden spoon.
Beat the egg and add it to the mixture.
Then, add the flour, vanilla and baking soda and mix all ingredients.
Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix again.
Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
Make little balls with the mixture and create the cookies.
Place them on an oven tray with oven film paper. There must be 5 cm between them.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
And ready to eat!
One of my close friends is absolutely beautiful, one of the best looking girls I've ever seen. On top of this she's friendly, funny and very flirty. I love her to bits but because of her looks and charm she constantly gets attention from men when we're out and this means no one is ever interested in me. If I meet someone I like I'm afraid of when they meet her because I know that without exception they'll want her instead. I'm scared it's affecting our friendship because I don't want to socialize with her or meet men, because every time a person I like prefers her it really hurts. I don't know what to do. Jen
I really need help. I've been in a two year relationship with a wonderful girl. We have a deep bond and she's almost perfect. Her main problem is that she gives me a hard time for going out with friends because even though I've never cheated or thought about cheating, she doesn't trust me. Also in 5 months she may be moving home to Europe, meaning either I go with her or I stay here and lose her. In the meantime I've met a girl at work. She's great too, not who I thought was my type, but she's a great person. At first I thought my feelings for her were platonic but I found out she will be leaving work in a few weeks and suddenly I got a rush of anxiety. I think I have a crush on her. Everything my brain tells me is that I should disregard this and focus on my relationship with the first girl, but I can't stop thinking about the second. I've not intimated my feelings to the second girl. Help me please! James
Please can you help me? I'm at the end of my tether. I've been in a relationship for 6 years. I love my boyfriend very much but very often he will wet the bed. He was badly treated by his step father as a child. He was very close with his eldest brother, who was killed falling off scaffolding at work. He always talks of these awful things very openly but I'm sure there is so much locked inside. Sometimes he will be talking to me and urine will leak out of him like a stream, yet he has no idea. Yes I know it can be down to alcohol but it has happened otherwise. Are there other problems we should investigate? Vikki
Monday, April 20, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
- Where is Ottawa?
- When is St Valentine's Day?
- Where is the Empire State Building?
- What did Thomas Edison invent?
- What is the symbol of love on many St Valentine's Day cards?
- Write all numbers in letters.
- These sentences are incorrect. Match the numbers with the correct information:
- 34 sms sent on Valentine's Day
- More than 1000 the year when Thomas Edison was born
- 1576 couples got married underwater in Thailand
- 1847 cards sent on Valentine's Day
- 78 million steps of the Empire State Building
- 12 million Edison's inventions
2. Pages 4-5
- Order the following letters to find the names of some famous celebrities from the world of cinema and music. Explain who they are.
- E N É C B O Y
- N O L T E N J O H
- M I J R A Y C R E
- Y I L L N E L A L
- H E T R U C E
- True or False? Correct false statements.
- Benjamin Button is an ordinary man.
- Sasha Fierce is Beyoncé's alter ego.
- Lily Allen is American.
- Inkheart is the name of a book and a film.
- Billy Elliot was popular as a film and a musical.
- Which of the films would you like to see? Why?
3. Pages 6-7
- Answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the new president?
- Why is he different from other American presidents?
- Is he married? Has he got any children?
- What are the main problems that he will have to face now that he is president?
- What do you know about Obama's president?
- What do you know about his mother?
- Where did he live when he was a child and who did he live with?
- Who is his favourite artist?
- Where did he work when he was young?
- The quickest way to cross the Channel is through ................................
- It is 100 years ago since someone first crossed the Channel by .......................................
- Yves Rossy calls himself .......................................................
- In 1785 two people crossed the Channel in a hot-air ......................................................
- The English Channel is ........................................ km wide.
5. Pages 10-11-12
- Answer the following questions:
- What was the name of the film version of the first book in His Dark Materials trilogy?
- Who are the protagonists of this film?
- Which writer started writing his books in a shed in his garden?
- What was the fastest selling book in history?
- What conflict do all fantasy books have in common?
- Who does Isabella Swan fall in love with?
- What is the name of the film that was made about this romance?
- Where was the author of The Lord of the Rings born?
- How many pages are there in the complete story of The Lord of The Rings?
- How many books are there in The Chronicles of Narnia?
- What is the name of the Lion in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe?
- Who or what is Saphira?
6. Pages 14-15
- What do these numbers refer to?
7. Test yourself
8. Do you want to know more about fantasy books? Try this webquest on Harry Potter: http://poster.4teachers.org/worksheet/view.php?ID=61164
Monday, March 16, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
- this website as a model: http://www.readwritethink.org/materials/postcard/
- Present Continuous
- Vocabulary related to Holidays.
- London monuments.
- Your shopping at Harrods.